At this point there are a number of fields on various objects returned
by Twitter that should be considered unreliable (mostly on user
objects). It might be time for Twitter to consider a better solution
than just returning unreliable data, such as either stripping out the
fields, giving them an attribute such as fieldstatus=deprecated or
fieldstatus=disabled. These "expected" behaviors are only expected by
the engineers on Twitter's end and I've seen lots of posts on the
mailinglist where people have had to question why they were getting
unreliable data.