This is going to be a much more complicated project than your simple
implementation below. Look for libraries helpful to your programming
language at http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_libraries

You'll want to read a great deal of the documentation available to you
at dev.twitter.com as well, especially around authorization.

Taylor