Can you share as much information about your request token step as
possible? This is the only step you should ever provide a callback URL
in.

Can you verify that you are using http://api.twitter.com/oauth/* for
all paths in this sequence.
What is the value of oauth_callback on your request token step? Is
this the only step that you are you providing this data? Are you
presenting this via a query string parameter, an authorization header,
a POST body, or any intermingling of the three?

When you receive your response to request_token, do you get a
parameter that indicates oauth_callback_confirmed=true?

Thanks,
Taylor