Dear developers, I'm having trouble with the Tweet Button's count on a
web app which uses hash-urls to navigate. Consider this page:

http://emptysquare.net/photography/lower-east-side/#4/

I install a Tweet Button like so:

        var tweet_button = $('#tweet_button_container');

        tweet_button.html(
        '<a href="http://twitter.com/share"; class="twitter-share-button" data-
count="horizontal" data-via="jessejiryudavis" data-url="'
        + document.location.href
        + '" data-counturl="'
        + document.location.href
        + '">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://
platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>'
        );

If you click the right arrow, the hash changes, from #4/ to #5/.
Whenever that happens I re-run the Javascript above to reload the
button for the new hash.

When I tweet from a page, the count updates to 1 correctly, but if I
then click the right arrow, and the left, to return to the page I
tweeted, the count has reset to 0.

I have also tried removing the hash, like this:

        var location = document.location.href.split('#')[0] + (imageId
+1) + '/';
        var tweet_button = $('#tweet_button_container');

        tweet_button.html(
        '<a href="http://twitter.com/share"; class="twitter-share-button" data-
count="horizontal" data-via="jessejiryudavis" data-url="'
        + location
        + '" data-counturl="'
        + location
        + '">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://
platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>'
        );

... so that the url and the counturl do *not* contain a hash like
this:

     http://emptysquare.net/photography/lower-east-side/4/

... but that behaves the same.  Why isn't my Tweet Button increasing
the tweet count on my pages?

Thanks,
Jesse