While it's in Scala, not Java, I've heard good things about
@alejandrocrosa's Scala-TwitterStreamer :
http://github.com/acrosa/Scala-TwitterStreamer -- you should be able
to make use of it fairly easily in a Java environment.

We'd love to start collecting libraries built around the Streaming API.

Regardless of language, does anyone have libraries to share with everyone?

Taylor