Zeh, thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to light again and
to present so many examples of other significant APIs that do not have
restrictive crossdomain policies. As you note, this issue has been
brought to Twitter's attention several times over the last few years
but to no avail.

For my work I continue to have to rely on a PHP proxy for all calls
between my Flash client and Twitter. This is certainly not ideal.

Team Twitter, it's time for you to address this issue. One of the most
popular clients for Twitter out there, TweetDeck, is built with Flash
technology and yet runs as an AIR app I'm guessing in part because
that has a different security model and does not have to deal with
this. You should recognize that there is a large pool of developer
talent that has, over the years, attempted to build wonderful things
on your platform but have thrown up their hands and left due to
frustration with this crossdomain policy. Please stop treating us as
second class developers.

Thanks,
Orian