I've been having trouble connecting to the streaming API using oauth
if my tracks have spaces. I get 401s (unauthorized). In all cases, the
same code works if the tracks don't have spaces.

In Java: tried twitter4j (http://twitter4j.org/jira/browse/TFJ-420)
and tweetstream4j (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4129622/
connecting-to-twitter-streaming-api-with-tracks-with-spaces-using-
apache-httpclie)

In Python: tried tweepy (https://github.com/joshthecoder/tweepy/
issues#issue/64)

The Twitter example using curl (http://dev.twitter.com/pages/
streaming_api_methods#track) works with tracks that have spaces, but
it's basic auth.

I am wondering if some oauth encoding versus POST param encoding is
not working out.

Can someone point me to a code example in Java or Python that is known
to work connecting to the Twitter streaming API using oauth that has
spaces in its tracks?

Thanks in advance.