I am using the anywhere javascript api with great success, except in
regards to posting a reply to a particular status id. I have no
trouble posting the status, and the returned status object including a
reply to user id, but no params I pass come back with an
in_reply_to_status_id with anything other than null.

I have tried lots of things, but from the looks of the api docs here's
what seems most intuitive to me:

T.Status.update('message', {in_reply_to_status_id: '123456789'}); //
where in_reply_to_status_id is part of the options object
-OR-
T.Status.reply('message', '123456789'); //where in_reply_to_status_id
is the second param passed

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what is missing?