I've been using a development site to work on a twitter related
project until a few weeks ago, but I cut over to our real production
site. Let's call development: mydev.com, and production: myprod.com. I
had changed my twitter domain for callbacks to prod.com, no problem
when I did this. Since I use cookies to manage which subdomain will be
authenticated, I cannot have both dev and prod use cookies to get back
to the correct domain (one of the cookies is the real url of the
caller, so the dev domain cannot even see the cookie).

I read about oauth_callback today, just to see if I could make this
work for any general domain I might run my application on. First, I
added mydev.com as a domain to my twitter app. Then I changed the
requesttoken to use a simple oauth_callback on the dev site of
http://mydev.com/proj/confirm (the registered callback is
http://myprod.com/proj/confirm).

When I call twitter on return  -- and it returns to the right place!!!
-, it gets an 'unexpected twitter failure' with nothing in any error
string while calling  my library's  function to get the oauth token
and secret.

My question, finally: Did I miss some step here? Otherwise the code
for mydev and myprod is identical.  Do different domains have
different ouath tokens in some way for the same application or
something?

thanks,

Mark