I have a hash tag issue.  I am posting hourly weather reports to 3000
accounts, one per automated weather station (AWOS).  Each station has
a unique, 4-character ID, like KFNL.  I use the station ID as a hash
tag so people who are interested in the weather at a particular spot
can find it quickly.

The problem is that some of the station IDs appear to overlap with
hash tags that are already taken.  I have already fielded and
addressed one complaint from the #KMLF knowledge community.  What I
want to do is prevent these conflicts by removing the # from those
stations that are already active hash tags.

So where can I find a list of existing hash tags?  Doesn't seem to be
anything in the API specifically for identifying them.  Thanks.

Ray F