I'll be simple: you can't achieve this with the Twitter API.

Maybe other APIs can help you, but I don't know one.

Tom

On 12/24/10 6:13 AM, Chris Bang wrote:
I’m developing a program to collect historical data or twits from
Twitter using Twitter search API and Twitter4J which means the program
is based on Java.
I selected Search API for my program among APIs by Twitter. However,
Twitter says that there is a limitation of 7days, although the limit
depends on topic. Is there any way to collect older or historical
Twitter data like 12 or 24 months old or without time constraint at
all? If anybody successfully retrieved old Twitter data, can you
please share the source code?