Accounts with more followers will naturally take you longer to process. The
majority of users on Twitter do not have exceptionally large follower counts
(though your user base may reflect different demographics).

You can do analysis for users with low follower counts within an hour. For
users with larger counts, you accomplish what you can in the first hour,
then move on to the next.

For users with 1 million followers, you could potentially use GET
followers/ids with cursors to get 5000 ids at a time. That would take you
200 requests. If you used all 350 requests for a user in a hour on just
followers/ids, you could potentially get data for 1.75 million users.

How many cases do you have where one of your users wants to perform
up-to-date follower analysis on a user with 1M followers? When that user
comes along, queue the job and send them an email when the results are
ready.

If it's bulk analysis that you want to do -- multiple accounts analyzed
every which way against each other -- you can still do it. But it will take
you more time.

Taylor

@episod <http://twitter.com/episod> - Taylor Singletary - Twitter Developer
Advocate