I have a set of apps that basically just reproduces the official
Twitter user experience, exactly what Twitter says we should not do.
However, I add value by running on a platform that Twitter does not
support and is unlikely to ever support.  I believe this should be
allowed and encouraged and would appreciate a statement to that
effect.

Furthermore, this is probably not the only exception to the "don't
just reproduce Twitter" rule.  Please consider that there may be
entire areas of innovation that you have not thought of - that's why
it's called innovation.