Hi Augusto,
Thanks for your reply.  The problem with the Streaming API is that I'd
have to have set some database app listening to the stream for the
past few years to be able to get all the data (especially for remote
locations).  I also don't know where my users are going to be, so I
don't have the ability to set any bounding boxes...

I need something that I can search back in time, rather than set
listening.. without knowing in advance where the users will be.  Hence
the need for the search API...

S.