Hi there Steve,

As you've noticed, Search API rate limiting is applied and handled quite
differently from the rest of the REST API. In the case of Search, when
everything is operating under typical conditions, a Retry-After HTTP header
will be sent to you (not an X-Retry-Header)  -- the value of that header
will contain an integer indicating the number of seconds to wait until
issuing additional search API requests.

Taylor