Hi Developers,

We know a lot of you are excited to get started with Site Streams (
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/site_streams ), but the API will continue to be
in beta for at least the next few months as we continue preparing it for
wider release. During the beta, the criteria we're looking for and
applications we're interested in will change as needs & criteria evolve.

Before applying for the Site Streams beta, we ask that you've developed your
application far enough along with User Streams and that you've already built
the necessary status & event consumption routines for a single-user
scenario. This will prepare you to work with Site Streams at a faster clip
when access is provided. Site Streams does not support any of the
search/track features of the User Streams, so if your application requires
these capabilities, Site Streams may not be the right fit. Some developers
have asked for Site Streams access with the misunderstanding that it can
provide a greater percentage of the firehose than the self-serve options
available to them today -- this is also not the case.

If you're a developer who has hoped for early access to this beta program
but has been unable to join and are looking for alternate implementation
options in the meantime, our team is happy to discuss alternate strategies
on this mailing list with you.

Thanks for your continued patience as we continue productionizing this new
platform feature.

Taylor Singletary