On Apr 19, 8:40 pm, drivebyed <ed.bouve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all having a bit of trouble working out how to filter the
> public_timeline with some keywords like you can do with the streaming
> api. Sadly due to the nature of my app the streaming api is not
> suitable. Is what I'm asking possible? ideally something like...
>
> twurl 'track=london' /1/statuses/public_timeline.xml
>
> (I know this won't work but it i there to illustrate what i am asking
> about)

I think using the streaming api is your best bet. Otherwise you will
probably
lose out on tweets if you are trying to wade through the public
timeline
using simple keyword match. If you dont mind losing some tweets
as you process the public_timeline in intervals, then the app
sounds feasible to me.

- Mohan