Hey Leo,

We're indeed using Snowflake (a Tweet ID generation service we developed).
Tweets IDs are no longer sequential (but k-sorted with k <= 1 second), and
there is no way to count the total number of tweet sent every day.

More info about Snowflake on our Engineering Blog:
http://engineering.twitter.com/2010/06/announcing-snowflake.html

Arnaud / @rno <http://twitter.com/rno>