If you currently have no contact at all with your users, I can see how it might be a problem. However, almost all other apps have a way to do this: by simply asking them on the website / app.

For example: my own app is a desktop client and it simply checks for permission and asks for a re-authentication via a modal popup on startup. A webapp wouldn't need this because a user simply re-authenticates on each login.

Tom