Paul, thanks for following up and we definitely understand where you are
coming from.

The current Apple implementation allows for a single permission for all apps
and therefore we have to err on the side of being less permissive. The vast
majority of the apps will not need DM read access and we need to optimize
for that.

We definitely understand the needs and we're exploring options on our side
to make it happen. stay tuned

--
Ryan Sarver
@rsarver <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=rsarver>