Hi Tom,

if you do not provide the cursor parameter to followers/ids, the call
will attempt to return all ids, and this may fail for users with a lot
of followers. See http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/followers/ids .
If you provide a cursor (start with -1), you get a batch of 5000 ids
back, and the answer will also contain the cursor for the next batch.
That way, you can get the whole following list by multiple calls.

Also from http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/followers/ids :
"Querying without the cursor parameter is deprecated and should be
avoided. The API is being updated to force the cursor to be -1 if it
isn't supplied."
So if you don't use a cursor, you may not get all ids in the future,
but only the first 5000.

Hope that helps,

Tammo

Tammo Freese

FlockOfBirds UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Marie-Curie-Straße 1, 26129 Oldenburg, Germany

Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 114558
Sitz Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Tammo Freese