On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 01:02:45PM -0700, Taylor Singletary wrote:

> * Option 2: There's a feature we've added to the OAuth flow that allows you
> to specify the level of permissions you are asking for at the time of the
> request. In this scenario, you would set your application to RWD but
> explicitly request your end-users to receive only RW tokens by passing the
> parameter "x_auth_access_type=write" to
> api.twitter.com/oauth/request_tokenon the first step of the OAuth song
> and dance. When negotiating your own
> token, you'll ask for a RWD but for all end-user tokens, only RW. You leave
> your application at the RWD level. More details on this option are at
> http://dev.twitter.com/doc/post/oauth/request_token

Is it possible to (leave) the app default access level set at RW, but
use x_auth_access_type to request RWD access for a specific account?

It seems like it should be, however the docs for request_token only
mention two possible values --- 'read' and 'write' --- for
'x_auth_access_type'.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Jeff