We have a website for internal use within our company. When a certain
action occurs on the site, such as a survey being completed, we would
like to have the app (our website) post a status update on our
company's Twitter account. This process is supposed to be invisible to
the user and cannot involve several steps (several requests being made
by the browser).

What is the proper authentication method for this? It used to be very
easy with Basic Auth, but now I am confused. OAuth seems to be
designed for Twitter user agents, which is not our case. The visitor
of our website does not interact with Twitter in any way.

Thanks,
George