If you can compile C++, you could check if you can use something out
of the ptypes library. Since you only need communication and not all
the overhead...

How about setting up the communication thru SOAP? There *should* be a
DOS implementation of SOAP out there somewhere... (perl on DOS? perl
can do it).

This is actually a good question to ask on experts-exchange.com.

--Merijn