Hello Francois,

> The code is OK for both those using OnError and those using exception
> handling, IMO.

Yes, but behaviour is different. In this case (ok it is stupid from
programmer's view to not check it, but..) DNSLookupDone is only called
with an error if event handler is assigned to OnError, which normally is
not the case for someone who can deal with exceptions.

I have no problem with it (code has always been like this), but I think
an emtpy host name should call DNSLookup with an error in any case, not
only when OnError has a handler.

... or never, but I think behavour should be same with or without
assigned OnError...  Oh whell it is only a minor thing...

My yongest son will married tomorrow for law (saterday for church), so
I'm very busy with other "exceptions" for the party etc.. :) Hell I
still have to search if I have a cravate...

---
Rgds, Wilfried
http://www.mestdagh.biz