Hello Werner,

If you data has a terminating character then you can use lineMode. Then
OnDataAvailable will only fire when thes character(s) are received and
you have all your data at ones.

If not it will arrive in many chunck, or datapackets can even be
concatenatied. Thats nature of TCP.

> Now, I'm using CliSocket.ReceiveStr to recieve data and put this
> in a buffer until all data is read

That is the right way to do if you dont have terminating characters.
Better is to use Receive, then you save an extra copy to a string.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz