On Oct 26, 2005, at 06:06, Arno Garrels wrote:

>> So the subject arrives as one continuous line of 1000+ characters?
>> And
>> the SMPT server permits this? Strange.  I'll take your word for it, as
>> I have no access to Outlook 2003 to test.
>
> Some mail servers reformat invalid headers and mime messages, with
> sometimes very strange results. Also some MTA's would drop the
> connection
> on receiving very long lines since they assume a buffer overrun attack.

That's what I was alluding at; I was assuming he meant that the message
would arrive intact with the entire subject line without breaks or
truncation.

> One note on OE 6, it truncates the subject line at 266 chars silently.

Outlook 2000 does the same thing, and it won't let you enter a subject
line longer than 256 characters (but it split it with <CRLF>+<TAB>
after every 74 chars.)

        dZ.

--
DZ-Jay [TeamICS]