> - why two declarations? (may be for SSL but it seems not)

It is because of SSL, there are more commands.

> - why 5? while it seems there're only two new commands for SSL (AUTH
> and PROT).... which are not added to the FCmdTable with AddCommand
> (at least in TFtpServer)

Can not recall exactly why I added that comment, except without adding
five the array was too much.  It could be the component already adds
more commands than there are literals for.

The obvious solution would be to use conditional code for Delphi 4 and
later, so the FCmdTable becomes a dynamic array and is resized as extra
commands are added.

What FTP commands are you adding.

Angus