> 1. Is there any difference if I do these changes in TCustomWinSocket.Connect
> or in
TCustomWinSocket.Dup?

Yes of course. Dup is used at server side, when a new client connection has
been accepted.
Connect is used at client side, when a connection to a server is requested.

> 2. When I set the new SO_SNDBUF value before an upload to 16384, after
> finishing this upload, and
beginning a new one, the value was once again 8192. Is it a normal behaviour
that I have to set the
send buffer size explicitly before every upload?

It is normal behaviour. SO_SNDBUF is a per socket value. You have to set the
value each time the
socket is opened.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html

> Using your directions I succeeded to query and change the SO_SNDBUF. I chose
> the
TCustomWinSocket.Dup procedure to do the following:
> 1. Query the SO_SNDBUF (result was 8192)
> 2. Set the SO_SNDBUF to 16384
> 3. Query once again (and yes, the result was now 16384 :))
>
> Two questions remain:
> 1. Is there any difference if I do these changes in TCustomWinSocket.Connect
> or in
TCustomWinSocket.Dup?
> 2. When I set the new SO_SNDBUF value before an upload to 16384, after
> finishing this upload, and
beginning a new one, the value was once again 8192. Is it a normal behaviour
that I have to set the
send buffer size explicitly before every upload?

> Thanks for your help:
> Andras Udvari

PIETTE