Hello,

to the socket hanging on close.
There are different threads involved.

The communication dll has one thread which only polls messages.
That one shouldn't be the problem.

The dll using that communication dll has one thread per socket
(max. at most 10). Freing the socket is requested by this dll
when it's execute method terminates.

So I don't think I need threadattach in the communication
dll. Shared Mem is not used because so Strings are used. All params
passed between these dlls are either numbers or pchars (which get copied to
strings internally).

So whare's the problem with my approach? Only TWSocket.close seems to hang.
I will test a bit more now, maybe I find a solution but I don't know
what causes the hang. But normally the sequence
TWSocket.close;
TWSocket.Free;

is okay to terminate and release it?

Greetings