I must say that Mobile TCP is the most recommended program of these
=P, and it uses ICS as well ;).

Sadly I do not think that it will solve this problem, but I could look
into adding authenticated SMTP, should not be that hard I guess. I
have to rewrite the forwarding bit anyway ;).

Sorry for being OT.

/Fredrik