Arno Garrels wrote:
> Francois PIETTE wrote:
>>> Not sure what you mean. The problem is that even if you call
>>> ThreadDetach (which is to make the component windowless) you cannot
>>> be sure that the component will not allocate another window handle
>>> somewhere in the background
>>> after that call to ThreadDetach.
>>
>> I don't see how the component would create another window handle once
>> ThreadDetach has been called: no event will be generated anymore.
>> Only the currently executing event will continue execution ans far as
>> memory serve me well, no event recreate a window handle.

Typo, sorry!

Correction:

If so, why do I get this exception? ThreadDetach is executed and
property Handle is set to zero. Nevertheless the exeption is raised.
So a window handle must have been allocated after the call to ThreadDetach
somewhere. Please tell me what might be wrong with the very simple
code I posted before. There's no deadlock, sure. Especially not if
you exchange WaitFor by WaitForSingleObject. Also, as far as I can
see entire methode ThreadDetach is blocking, so the thread shouldn't
signal before the window handle was set to zero, right?