> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:38:06 +0200
> From: "Arno Garrels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] FTPClient and strange behaviour
> To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
>
> Markus Humm wrote:
>
>> > When I try to delete the file I want to send first from the FTP server
>> > it always says it has been deleted, but the file is still in the
>> > directory of the server?! What's happening there? The statuscode sent
>> > back by the server is 250.
>> >
>> > When I try to send my file to the server I need to 'put' it twice, the
>> > first time it gives me a "425 Can't open data connection." (so
>> > statuscode is 425) but the second time the file get's send okay.
>
> Are you able to reproduce the problem using the FTP demo, FtpTst.dpr?
>
> ---
> Arno Garrels [TeamICS]

I've tried the FTPTst Application right now and found out that a PASS is
required after a open, it will delete the file then. But why didn't the
server tell me in my program and always claimed to have carried out my
delete request?

Doesn't really matter, because the put still only works for the second
time. As I noticed he tries to open a binary connection although I left
"binary mode" unchecked. What's happening here? I'll need a binary
transfer later, but not at this time.

Why the need of a 2nd put? Why does the first one fail? Is it my FTPServer?

Greetings

Markus