Thanks.
When I've modified the ftpclient.timeout from 15 to  60, theses
disconnections had disappeared. So I thought that this property was
important because it's used in "WaitUntilReady" function. And according to
me, I wanted to set automatically this property with the speed of
connections. 15 seconds is OK for high but not for a mobile connections at
9.6.
Arnold

Arnold FLUTEAUX wrote:
> I've question on the timeout.
>
> With a high speed connection, the timeout is equal to 15 seconds. But
> with a very low connection (9,6 kbits/s) , they are several problems
> and the ftp disconnect itself with the message "500 Connection closed
> time out (winsock error #100060)".
> So to avoid this problem, I have
> increased the timeout to 60 seconds.

Those kind of errors are caused by a winsock timeout. I think it should
be possible to set that value somewhere in the registry, have you?
Property TFtpCli.Timeout effects only in case you would use the sync
methods, and it triggers independent of the winsock timeout, however
the shorter timeout would trigger first.

> So is it the good solution ? And if it's OK, how can set the timeout
> automatically ?

If you mean the system-wide winsock timeout, I don't think it is a good
idea to change that automatically on system you do not own.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]