> As Piotr explained, there is no need for threads--it could all be async!
> In
> the THttpConnectıonö we need a dynamıc array of requests and when they are
> storedö we answer them one by one.

This is good for static pages located on the same device.
Using multithreaded pipeline will drasticaly reduce overall execution time
when talking about dynamic pages which - for example - involves querying a
database or similar blocking resources (anything which is I/O bound will
benefit). Let's take a simple example: Assumin a client sending two
pipelined requests for dynamic page. Building a dynamic page require
accessing a database located on a dedicated server, accessing a few static
files and some processing to build the actual page. In a single threaded
piplined operation, everything is done sequenced. In a multithreaded
pipeline operation, while a multithreaded approach will have processing for
one request while the other is waiting for is database or file access.
Overall time is shorter, there is a better CPU usage. Without mention the
time shortening if the server is a multiprocessor.

Conclusion: as always, multithreading is not mandatory but _may_ help
optimize overall performance. If badly used, it may also very well lower
performance. And in any case it _will_ lower performance for a single
request.