> Can OnDataAvailable be called while it is
> > already running?
> > And if yes, how to prevent this? Is using critical
> > sections a good idea here?

> You must avoid having the events reentered. To avoid this, you simply
> have
> to _not_ call any form of the message pump from the events. The
> message pump
> is ProcessMessages, any modal form, GetMessage/DispatchMessage and the
> likes.

I don't call processmessages and the like directly in the event but
might output some lines on screen for debugging. Could the VCL maybe
call getmessage etc. behind my back in this scenario?

Other thing: what about critical sections. Would they be safe for
preventing this in my situation?

Greetings

Markus