From: "Erich Kuba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: [twsocket] How stable is ICS V6 ?

: Hi All,
:
: I've been using the ICS components for about 6 or 7 years now, and I have
: say well done to Francois and everyone else who has contributed over the
: years.  I've written some reasonably large server oriented systems using
the
: TWSocket component as the basis for a server framework that I've
developed.
: Some of these systems handle several hundred thousand requests per day.
All
: of the systems in production are compiled with ICS V5.
:
: I've recently upgraded my server framework to use ICS V6, and am at the
: point where I have a reasonably stable build, but have noticed a few
snags,
: random stuff, like server sockets stopping listening under load.  Now I am
: not entirely sure if these problems are in the ICS V6 components or my
: server framework, as I "upgraded" the framework a bit in converting to ICS
: V6.  I guess the question that I'm asking is how stable is the ICS V6
: distribution.  Do you feel that it's ready for production systems?
:
: Regards
:
: Erich
:
:
: --
: To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
: please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
: Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be