Hello,

I've some big problems with the telnet components, the biggest one being
the lack of documentation.

What I want to do is the following:

1. start a telnet session (that one works)

2. have a list of commands

3. loop through the list and carry out one command after the other

4. display the telnet output in some window, scrollable so that I can
see the history to verify it.

What I'm doing right now is:

1. start a telnet connection

2. wait until isconnected becomes true or 2 sec. Timeout
   (the telnetserver is the only node on a local lan so it's fast and
works reliably)

3. In the OnDataAvailable I do this:

   if endofcommands = false then
   begin
     TnEmulVT.SendStr(nextcommandstring);
   end;

   Where commandstring will be sometings like '2'+#13 or 'mytext'+#13 or
''+#13.

4. the device on the other side is menu based where each menu item has a
number unique to that menu level.

   e.g. the main menu might look like this:

   1. first submenu
   2. second submenu

   If I go to 2nd submenu another menu is displayed:

   1. do something
   2. do something other
   3. set testtext

   If I go to the 2nd submenu and select the 3. item I get a prompt:

   enter your text:

   After this prompt I want to enter text and if it is terminated by #13
   I get the 2nd submenu displayed again, (seems normal) where I can get
up to the main menu by just sending #13.

   I get to the "set testtext" menu already and the prompt is displayed,
but my text sent is not entered as it seems.
   I've a breakpoint in nDataAvailable but it is only reached twice, so
the call of that menu works but the text
   isn't enered because it's nerver being sent due to OnDataAvailabe not
being raised. LocalEcho is off.
   My program simply displays the terminal then and when I enter some
chars they're always shown twice in the terminal.
   Why is this?

   I tried OnLocalEcho as well but I think the results where even worse,
I think it only occured once and then stopped.
   What good is OnEndOfRecord for besides?

   I think I can't use TnScript, because the same menu items will be
displayed several times because I have
   to "traverse" the submenus several times.

Scrolling back also messes up the whole TnEmulVT as well as changing the
font size and lineheight
(the cursor is between the lines then). So this would be a enhancement
request ( ;-) ) to properly support these things.

Greetings

Markus