> So, my question is, what is wsoNoReceiveLoop for

wsoNoReceiveLoop tell the component to not loop until the message queue has
no more FD_READ messages. When a loop is done (default) the component
receive data as fast as possible. This maybe result is heavy load on the
computer when the network is very fast compared to the CPU speed.

> (and why does it work in my case without setting it), and is
> it safe to not set it?

It shouldn't have any impact on the high level protocol, except speed.