Arno,

if I'd do it the way you suggest (do it async, fetching the next record
in OnRequestDone and start over sending), may I use screen output from
there, including .ProcessMessages? I know that a good application should
display information based on a timer or such, i.e. re-displaying all
info each n msecs, but for the first version, I'm very short on time ...

Afaik, it should be avoided to call the message pump from /*any*/ ICS
event, or is this only true for OnDataAvailable?

Another question is, am I allowed to use .Abort from inside
OnRequestDone when an error occurs? It seems to work, but I'm quite
unsure if this is the correct way to abort a failing SMTP transmission.

Michael