I have a multi-threaded application that uses a dynamically created
THttpCli synchronously. I know that ICS is normally used
asynchronously, but I could not determine a good way to handle that
with all the dynamically created threads I have to use for database
access anyway.

When I want to terminate the thread normally or when I force it to
terminate I call the THttpCli.Abort method. How can I insure that the
THttpCli component is indeed aborted before freeing it and ending the
thread?

Right now I do:
HTTP.Abort;
while HTTP.State<>httpReady do
  Sleep(10);

Is this incorrect, unecessary or adequate?

I was getting some ICS errors when freeing the thread which may have
been related to freeing the THttpCli or the underlying receive stream.

Thanks,

-Johnnie Norsworthy