> I'm having troubles with switching between desktops using the (Ssl)HttpCli
> in a thread with message pump.
> You can't switch between desktops when handles are used.
> So I'm trying to switch between desktops by freeing the client, switch to
> new desktop and recreate the client, but this thread fails to switch to
> another desktop.
> All other threads used are swithing without problems.
> Are there any handles left after freeing the client?

Should be no handle left. But pay attention that if you destroy any control
with a window handle from a thread which has not created the control, then
the window handle is /not/destroyed (DestroyWindow fails but usually his
return value is not checked).

Have a look at Bear utility
(http://www.geocities.com/the_real_sz/misc/bear_.htm) it can display the
number of window handles an application use. Very handy to see if they are
freed when you think.