Hello Éric,

> The exception that was raised was "Socket operation on non-socket (#10038 in

Possible the socket was already destroyed. Other possibility is that
somewhere some pointer is pointing wrong or is been overwritten. Very
difficult to say.

> came to see on the morning the whole windows tcp/ip was inoperant,  Firefox,
> Internet Explorer was not working and neither the windows network, I
> coulnd´t even ping any machine on my network.

This looks like there is no free non-paged memory. I dont know if there
are TIME_WAIT sockets if no connection to host is possible. Never
checked this. But if you have a connection and you disconnect then
windows keeps internally the socket alive for a few minutes. So you have
to be sure to have enough RAM installed. Also other things and
applications can eventueally use the non-paged pool.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz