info2004 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using V6 beta with Turbo Delphi 2006.
>
> Can someone tell me which threaded server demo I should use as my
> base for an app please.

It depends on your application. Most applications do not require
any multi-threading for the socket I/O. Since ICS uses non-blocking
sockets it's possible to have many (hundreds of) concurrent
connections/transfers in a single thread. I strongly suggest to avoid
multi-threading for the socket I/O whenever possible, that's much
easier to code. Instead put blocking, lengthy tasks like executing a SQL
into worker threads and send the result when thread has finished
the job. That's very fast and easy to code.

> MtSrv points you to ThrdSrv.  ThrdSrv has ThrdSrv, V2 and V3.
>
> V2 works but does not like WM_TRIGGER_EXCEPTION.
>
> V3 complains at TWSocketThrdServer - not found.

AFAIK none of the multi-threading demos is converted to V6 yet.
ThrdSrv uses a design "one thread per (client) connection", that's the
easiest way to implement multi-threading with ICS.
Another design was "multiple (client) connections per thread".
That's much harder to code and only suggested when scalability is required
that is when plenty of concurrent clients (beyond thousand) need to be
served on multi-processor servers. Anyway tell us why do you think you
need multiple threads for network communication.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]