DZ-Jay wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2007, at 14:57, Arno Garrels wrote:
>
>> Isn't it safe to use the Copy-Modify-Merge solution, described in the
>> online-help ?
>
> Yes, it is very safe.

Now that I checked how to merge particular changes made in
branches to the main source tree under trunk I would like
to suggest the following, same structure for two different
repositories one for V5 and one for V6:

/icsv(n)
  |-branches
  |  |-ics-ssl
  |-tags
  |  |-ics-ssl
  |  |  |- beta(n)
  |  |-ics
  |     |- release(n)
  |-trunk
     |-ics

Where the ics-ssl branch and tags cannot be accessed by
common ics users. AFAIK it is only possible to merge
between common and SSL when the SSL code is in the same
repository, is that true? It works very well and makes it
very easy to maintain. If Francois does not want to put the
SSL code into the project/repository as well ? I think we
won't safe very much. What do you think?

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]