Hello:

The problem with retrying is that it is not the same
as a "server full" error when the maximum number of
clients is reached; 100061 is essentially a "port not
open" error, which is the same error you would get if
the server is not running.  So there is no real way
to know that the listener is currently busy and the
backlog full, or if the server is listening on a
different port or disabled completely.

I will certainly increase the backlog on my server,
but will also consider building a number of retries
in the connection routine of the client class.

   Thanks for the help.
     -dZ.

Mestdagh[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent    : 11/28/2007 2:26:49 PM
>To      : twsocket@elists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [twsocket] TWSocketServer and backlog
>
 >Hello dz,

a client application should do at least a few (or
infinity) retry's if
connection fails. so normally not needed to increase
it. On the other
hand it does no harm to increase it.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
 http://www.mestdagh.biz

Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 18:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello:
>     While stress-testing my application, I noticed
> that I am able to send substantially many more
> connections in the time it takes the TWSocketServer
> to handle the incomming requests, causing the default
> backlog to fill up quickly.  Obviously, I can
> increase the number, but seeing that the default is 5
> (which seems rather low to me), I'm thinking that
> perhaps there may be a concern in setting this too
high.

Visit our website at  http://www.overbyte.be