Hi,

I have posted to newsgroups.borland.com, but so far no joy. I am using some ICS
components in my project though;)

The problem I have is getting the ADO stuff to work asynchronously.

I am using a TADOQuery and have set ExecuteOptions to [eoAsyncExecute,
eoAsyncFetch], and have set ADOQuery.OnFetchComplete := MyHandler.

I have two ADOQueries, one doing a 'SELECT *', and another doing an 'UPDATE'.
The select query fires it's OnFetchComplete, no problem. The update query does
not seem to fire anything.

All of this happens in a thread, and the ADOConnection, ADOQuery are created in
the .Execute of the thread before my while (not Terminted) loop. All works as
expected if I use sync calls, but I want to let other threads in whilst waiting
for the results.

So, working on the assumption I have missed something, does anyone know of any
articles on using ADOQuery asynchronously? Google is not proving to be of help
so far.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Andy