Hello Andy,

> I think that we are at cross purposes here. The OnDataSent event looks like it
> does not fire (sometimes) if the far end (server) closes the connection. Is
> this
> true?

OnDataSent is fired when TWSocket has delivered his data to winsock. As
Arno pointed out it is not a signal that the data is arrived at the
other end.

If the other end close the connection before TWSocket has delivered the
data to Winsock then OnDataSent will of course not fire.

> The server gets the data, then closes the connection, and at my sending end
> if I
> solely wait for OnDataSent, sometimes it does not happen, and I time out.

So the peer that receive the data will close? That's good, so you are
sure it is delivered before the connection closes. You may consider to
design a small protocol so that both end talk to each other and know all
data is sent / delivered / handled with success.

> I just really want to make sure my assumption is correct before I can put this
> to bed.

now you can :)

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]