Hello,

I  personnaly  always  create  and  manage  the  socket component in a
separated thread. This permit to avoid such problem, and also when the
reverse  appear  when  your socket procedures has a very high activity
that  could  slow  down the main's app message queue that make it less
responsive (or near freezed).

regards.

>> I have observed that Windows does not pass messages to an application when
FP> certain User Interface functions are active.  Examples are an open drop-down
FP> menu or a user dragging a window.  This can cause ICS functions such as this
FP> Socket Open code to fail:
>>
>>    { Use while to repeat connects to ensure enough time for reset to end }
>>     tTarget := Time + ((FiResetTime / 1000.0) / 86400.0);
>>     while not FfConnected and (Time < tTarget) do begin
>>       FiLastError := SocketConnect; { Sets FfConnecting }
>>       if FiLastError = FX_OK then
>>       begin
>>         { FfConnecting is cleared by FWSocketSessionConnected, may happen
FP> on
>>           socket connection timeout }
>>         while FfConnecting do
>>           Application.ProcessMessages;    { This can be
FP> FWSocket.MessagePump; }
>>       end; {if FiLastError=FX_OK}
>>     end; {while not connected}
>>
>> With a drop-down menu open, this will run as for long as FiResetTime is
set (>> 30 seconds) without connecting.