> I have a single thread app that sends and receives messages. For
> some messages it has to run SQL.

It all depends on the volume of messages you are receiving.  I have
similar applications that run on multiple servers for load sharing and
redundancy, and another that uses async ADO SQL requests so the main
thread is not blocked - a response can be sent from the SQL request done
event.

The only snag with async SQL is you really need to queue requests, or use
multiple connections to the server to run them in parallel.

Angus